List of Scholarships for Indian Students to Study Abroad
1. The Aga Khan Foundation: International Scholarship Programme
The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN. Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July. The Foundation gives priority to requests for Master’s level courses but is willing to consider applications for Ph.D. programs as well.
The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar, and Mozambique
l) Consistent excellent academic records
2) Genuine financial need
3) Admission to a highly reputable university or program of study
4) Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas.
Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and the likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment. Applicants are expected to have some years of work experience in their field of interest.
13th March 2020 (Deadline for application distribution)
20th March 2020 (Deadline for submitting completed applications)
2. Preply Scholarship
The Contest “How language learning helps foster gender equality” is organized for students of high schools and universities from around the world!
Students of High School, Universities (Under and Post Grad) are eligible to apply for ages between 16 to 35 years.
The selection of the winners will occur as follows:
• All Entries will be displayed on the Site during the competition period and available for voting to all visitors at one vote per Entry, per person/site user or IP address.
• The vote for the entry form can be made either by pressing the “Upvote” button, which will give 1 point to the chosen essay or by pressing the “Vote & Share” button (the vote and the essay in the Entry Form will be posted to Facebook social network on behalf of the voter), which will give 1.5 points to the chosen essay.
• Three participants receiving the highest number of votes on the website will be declared as winners.
Submit essay by April 02, 2020
All the participants have to submit their essays at scholarships.
• The essay must be written in English and contain no more than 500 words. The participant has to specify his/her name and the name of an educational institution, where he/she studies in the essay.
• The content of the essay must be logically related to the following topics: “gender equality” and “language learning”.
• All written works will be available for open voting at Preply.com from 15 02 2020 to 02 04 2020 inclusive.
• Three participants, who will receive the highest number of votes on the website, will be declared as winners.
• Only one entry per person during the Promotion period is permitted.
Awards/ Prize: Top three voted essays will receive $3000, $1000 & $500 respectively.
Learn more about the Preply Scholarship here.
3. Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA
Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship Program USA is open for International Students from 155 countries. The scholarship allows Masters, Ph.D. level program(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at American Universities. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 160 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
For Indian citizens, where the program is administered by the U.S. Embassy, applicants must be a citizen, national, or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by India.
Fulbright candidates must meet the language requirements necessary for their proposed study. Fulbright candidates to the U.S. may be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores as well as GRE or GMAT scores if admission test is required by the U.S Embassy.
30th October 2020
4. Admission Writer Writing Contest Scholarship 2020
One of the goals of the Admission Writer organization is to motivate students to improve their writing skills and practice writing successful papers. Undergraduate and Graduate students can accept a challenge and take part in their scholarship essay contest.
Undergraduate and Graduate candidates, can take part in the scholarship essay contest.
A qualified team of excellent writers and editors of the organization will be the judges in this essay contest. These people are masters in writing and they know all the secrets of creating top-notch essays. They will check all the papers with professionalism and care. Their skilled experts will check every essay's content, grammar, rhetoric, and also writing skills.
June 1st, 2020
Topics for Essays:
How will Brexit affect the European Union and the whole world?
Does separating garbage in the USA and Europe help oceans near Asian countries?
Do you believe that artificial intelligence can become smarter than humans?
Do you agree with the statement that “The faster technology develops the more humans are degraded?
Why do the public and the academy often disagree with choosing an Oscar winner?
Format of Essay:
Write your paper in English only.
Your completed essay should contain 600-1200 words. We do not accept shorter or longer papers.
Please send your document in docx. format. We will not accept any paper sent in any other format.
If you have a wish to add an image to your essay to make it look complete, you can do it. In this case, it’s important to state the source of the attached image.
At the very beginning of your paper, please provide the information about your full name, country, email, and details about your school and education.
Awards/ Prize: Three authors from the winning essays will get an award of:
1st place – $1000
2nd place – $600
3rd place – $400
Click here for more info.
5. GREAT Scholarships 2020 India
In collaboration with the UK’s GREAT Britain campaign, the British Council has launched Great Scholarships – 2020 over a broad range of subjects. It is a great opportunity for Indian students wishing to attend university in the U.K.
Applicants must be Indian passport holders and resident in India at the time of application.
Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a university in the U.K.
Meet the English language requirement of the U.K. Higher Education Institution
Have an offer from one of the participating U.K. universities
The course applied is starting in September 2020
Every application is reviewed by the British Council panel and shortlisting is done using predefined criteria. The selected candidates are recommended by the panel further and have to attend a face to face interview to proceed to the final round. The final stage is to get to know the personality of the applicant vividly. The British Council panel makes the final decision.
Falls around the end of May/ start of June (Varies for the universities applied)