List Of Countries Accepting IELTS And Tips To Score Higher
List Of Countries Accepting IELTS And Tips To Score Higher
What Is IELTS And Why It Is Important?The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is an examination to help non-native English speakers study, work, or migrate to an English-speaking country. IELTS accepting countries use this proficiency test to gauge the command of the applicant over the English language. Scoring higher means you have a greater probability of getting into an English-speaking country. Not to mention, the test is practical, which means you will also find it easier to settle into there. Let’s take a look at which are the countries that accept IELTS.
Which Countries Accept IELTS?We have collated the list of IELTS accepting countries and the required band scores.
USAThe US has the most number of colleges that accept IELTS and it also has many top universities in the world. There are more than 3,000 universities and colleges that you can apply to for your Masters. Because of the sheer volume of applicants per year, the required band score is at least 6.5.
CanadaAs getting a Masters degree is relatively more expensive in the USA, Canada is becoming a more sought-after option. You need to score between 6.0 to 7.0 in the IELTS examination to get your applications considered by Canadian universities. A higher IELTS score will increase your chances of getting a job and permanent residency in Canada.
UKThe majority of the universities have an IELTS score requirement of 6.0. Just like the US, the UK also gets a lot of applications from students all over the world. It is advisable to keep your band score higher than 6.5 to improve your chances.
AustraliaThe minimum requirement is a score of 5.5 or higher in each module. For studying Masters, you need an overall score of 6.5 or above. However, for graduate degree aspirants, it is 6.0. A lot of Australian universities and colleges accept students with scores in the range of 6.0 to 6.5. Note: In the above sections, we have only entered the minimum requirements. To increase your chances of getting your profile selected, we recommend you get a score higher than 7.0. Here are some tips you can start following that will help you score higher and get easily into IELTS accepting countries.
How To Score Higher In IELTS Examinations?Follow these practical tips to score higher in your IELTS examination.
1. Practice Question PapersAfter you apply for IELTS, you will receive a book that contains a few sample question papers. Apart from getting used to the format, you can really test your writing, reading, and listening skills. The duration of the test is 2 hours and 45 minutes. It will be better if you use a timer to give yourself a competitive advantage. Make sure that you check your answers after completing a practice test. Find out areas of improvement. Soon, you will see improvements and can get easily into one of the best countries to study abroad.
2. Quality Over QuantityThis test is not a typical English literature examination. This test will let the evaluators know how easy it will be for you to fit into a society that predominantly speaks English. The most common mistake that applicants can do is to think of this test as just any test from school. For example, in the writing section, writing too many words is not the way to go if you want a good score. You need to write correctly. Your fluency and readability matter the most.
3. Keep A Calm MindIf you walk into the examination hall stressed, you are more likely to make mistakes during the test. This will cost you a lot, especially in the speaking test. Even though you are a good speaker, you are more likely to make grammatical mistakes and fumble as you talk. To calm yourself you should practice a lot of these questions which will boost your confidence. Continuous practice will add an air of relevance and you can easily score a lot. Now, let’s take a look at what your next steps should be after you have given your IELTS test.
What To Do After Giving The IELTS Examination?Your IELTS scores are valid for two years. Right after you give an examination, you should start looking for colleges in IELTS accepting countries.
1. Select A College That is Best For YouThere are too many options for anyone. It will take you weeks and even months to go through all the colleges that could be a good option for you. You will be evaluating every college on multiple parameters which will make this process even more complicated. With us, it only takes a few clicks. SelectRight will send you a list of colleges directly to your inbox. All you need to do is answer a few questions and we will analyze your profile to generate a list of universities that are the best for you.
2. Secure A Low-Interest No Collateral Loan
Getting an education loan to study abroad is not uncommon for Indian students. However, running to banks and collecting documents is cumbersome. On top of that, the interest rates are quite high, especially in the case of no collateral loans.
FundRight gets you low-interest, no collateral loan options within two days.
Create your profile, let us know your preferences and we will send moneylending options in two days.
3. Get Expert Guidance With Your Application
You will do your Masters only once. And the process starts with applying for colleges.
But the applications of most students are generic and average. If you want to be selected, you need to make your application exceptional. In order to do that, you need to do something more than read the same blogs and watch the same videos as others.
SelectRight will get your application evaluated by experts.
We will take a closer, unbiased look into your application and will tell you what you need to do to make it better. We will even help you with your Letter Of Recommendation (LOR) and Statement Of Purpose (SOP).
4. Ask All Your Doubts To Alumni And Students
Who can guide you better than the ones who have been in your shoes?
Connect with alumni and students and ask them all your doubts.
Through our Discord Channel, you can interact with students who had the same journey as yourself. You can ask them any questions you might have and also listen to the questions of fellow students while choosing one of the best countries to study abroad.
If there is a question that goes unanswered, our experts will jump right in.
We host weekly events regularly to make sure that everyone’s questions get answered.
5. Interact With The University Directly
We have gone another step ahead to give every student an extra edge.
SelectRight hosts exclusive events with the top universities from the best countries to study abroad.
We do that to give our students to iron everything out before they land in a foreign country with an education loan. Our in-house experts have understood the importance of giving the students an opportunity to interact with the university they are going to.
So, what are you waiting for?
Create an account now and answer a few questions that will help us know you better.
We will take care of the rest.