Smith School of Business at University of Maryland: Ranking, Programs, Career opportunities, and more
Smith School of Business at University of Maryland: Ranking, Programs, Career opportunities, and more
Students say that they find Smith School’s location its biggest perks. But there’s so much more to love about this business school.
- Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland is one of 12 colleges and schools in College Park.
- The school is fully integrated into the business, government, nonprofit and professional networks of the Washington, D.C., metroplex.
- You will be surrounded by multiple opportunities and experiences beyond just your school.
At Smith School of Business, you can elevate your career with strategic knowledge of business and become an industry expert.
Graduate programs at Smith School of Business go beyond the typical essentials of a business program. With world-class faculty, you will learn how to upgrade your skills in a dynamic, fast-paced industry.
In this article, we will cover:
- Smith School of Business at University of Maryland 4 MBA programs
- Business Master’s at Smith School of Business at University of Maryland.
- University of Maryland college park ranking
- Smith School of Business ranking
- Smith School of Business acceptance rate
- Eligibility Criteria
- Options after Graduation
- Increasing your chances of getting in with SelectRight
Smith School of Business at University of Maryland Overview
Here is some basic information about Smith School.
|University of Maryland college park ranking|
US World and News Report
|Smith School of Business acceptance rate||Varies based on the program but 51% on average|
|Popular Programs||MBA programs and Business Master’s|
|Alumni number||68,000 alums across the globe|
The school also has a local alumni network that extends throughout the region. You can make connections, network, get internships and gain valuable experience.
Smith School of Business at University of Maryland Graduate Programs
Smith School of Business at University of Maryland offers three kinds of Graduate programs.
- 4 different types of MBA programs
- Business Master’s with different pathways
- Executive education
1. Full-time MBA
You will develop sophisticated analytical skills and a thorough understanding of how business functions like marketing, finance, and operations interact in the highly regarded. This full-time MBA programme at the Smith School of Business at University of Maryland trains you to become a future leader in the industry.
2. Flex MBA
If you don’t have the time for a rigorous full-time MBA, opt for a flex MBA.
The Smith Flex MBA program combines the quality you want with the options you need to deliver one of the best, most versatile MBA programs.
You have the freedom to select the pace and location that best suits your career goals. You will benefit from a robust network of alumni, top-ranked faculty, and advisers — all passionate about your success.
You can also opt for elective courses earned entirely online with other part-time students, or by participating in global learning experiences and deepening your learning experience.
3. Executive MBA
The Executive MBA program begins in January. The program is designed to provide you with personalized executive coaching to hone the leadership skills you need.
Such personalized training will help you grow in your career or transition into a different field by giving you the required skill set.
4. Online MBA
If you have an average of eight years of work experience in business, government, science, or engineering, you will fit right in Smith School’s online MBA.
The student body is composed of people with similar experience providing you the opportunity to learn in a diverse collection of real-world experiences. It will broaden your perspective and crave out the leader you want to be.
Business Master’s Program at Smith School
For students who want to become a specialized business expert, the Business Master’s program offers a variety of specializations helping you create actual impact in the workplace.
You can take this Quiz to find out which program will be suited to you.
Here are the available paths.
- Accounting – Learn how large companies manage and report their finances. You’ll gain specialized skills for managing and analyzing financial and tax data while adhering to the accounting standards of the present.
- Business analytics – Learn the role of big data in today’s competitive business world. The path uses real-life cases to teach you how you can use quantitative modeling skills to analyze large amounts of data and then recommend fact-based, innovative solutions to business problems.
- Business and Management – If you want to rise through the ranks, learn the foundational knowledge of business.
- Finance – With this path, you will be able to master the latest tools in corporate investment, risk management and asset allocation in a global context.
- Information systems – Learn how to use the latest web technology to analyze, organize and manage valuable business information, preserve privacy and lead complex projects.
- Marketing Analytics – Learn how businesses use big data to connect with customers who will expand their business. You’ll examine ways to improve marketing campaigns, analyze vast amounts of data, and forecast consumer interests.
- Quantitative finance – With advanced programming and quantitative skills, you can advance your finance career more quickly. You’ll learn in-depth information about financial markets, institutions, and cutting-edge analytics methods.
- Supply chain management- Get practical instruction from supply chain professionals from a variety of industries. Learn about international trade, how to negotiate business agreements, and how to solve complex problems with confidence as you enter this fascinating global industry.
Executive Education at Smith School
This program offers a variety of courses, including open enrollment and custom programs. It is designed to meet the needs of individuals and organizations.
As a working professional or executive, you can develop your leadership skills and gain a competitive edge in today’s global business environment.
Smith School of Business: How does it rank?
Smith School of Business is under the University of Maryland. Here are some important university of Maryland college park rankings.
- Ranked No. 20 among public universities
- Ranked No. 25 for Most Innovative School
- Ranked No. 60 globally by US News & World Report
Here are some relevant Smith School of Business ranking
- Ranked No. 23 nationally and No. 13 among public university business programs.
- Entrepreneurship: No. 21 overall, No. 7 among publics
- Management: No. 22 overall, No. 13 among publics
- Management information systems: No. 9 overall, No. 7 among publics
- Marketing: No. 25 overall, No. 14 among publics
- Supply chain management/logistics: No. 18 overall, No. 14 among publics
Here are some Smith School of Business ranking in the MBA programs
- #26 Full-Time MBA by Fortune, 2021
- #8 Faculty (U.S.) by Economist, 2021
- #18 EMBA (U.S) by Financial Times, 2021
- #9 Online MBA by U.S. News, 2021
Smith School of Business acceptance rate and application process
The University of Maryland acceptance rate is 51%. Smith School of Business acceptance rate will vary depending on the program you choose. The acceptance rate for full-time MBA is 43.2%.
The eligibility criteria will vary depending on the program and path you pick. Here is what is generally expected from applicants.
- If you have a 3-year bachelor’s, you are only eligible if you will be awarded a master’s degree by the time you begin graduate study at the University of Maryland or if the 3-year bachelor’s degree has already been earned at the time of application.
- You usually don’t have to submit your GRE/GMAT scores, unless you are applying for a dual degree, the GMAT/GRE may be required by the second program. Specifically, Smith requires a GMAT if you are pursuing a dual degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, Finance, or Marketing Analytics.
- One referee
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE official test scores)
The average full-time student at Smith’s has:
- 23 Undergrad GPA
- 640 GMAT score
- 6 years of professional work experience
Options after graduating
Smith School of Business at University of Maryland is paired with great companies.
MBA recruitment partners:
- Northrop Grumman
After MBA, you can go into: Technology, Consulting, Financial Services, Consumer Packaged Goods, Business Master’s recruitment partners
- Capital One
- Amazon Web Services
After your Master’s you can go into: Technology, Financial Services, Consulting
Increase your chances with SelectRight
SelectRight is an AI-based platform that helps you find programs and colleges that are best for you. And after that it will help you get into your dream university.
SelectRight will support you all throughout your journey of getting into Smith School of Business at University of Maryland. The platform has a carefully curated directory of unbiased industry experts who can help you with various aspects of your application. You can ask the experts to review your application, Statement of Purpose (SOP), Letters of Recommendation (LoR) or anything else you need.
The platform will also help you calculate your chances of getting into Smith School of Business at University of Maryland. The platform combs through the past admission data of candidates with profiles similar to yours and gives you a number which reflects the acceptance rate.
This will help you understand your likelihood of getting into Smith School of Business and you don’t have to rely on the general Smith School of Business acceptance rate.
Smith School of Business at University of Maryland is dedicated to providing students with relevant knowledge. All education is conducted in an inclusive learning environment. It doesn’t matter if you are new to the field, if you want to jumpstart your career or if you want to transition careers. The diverse program options can accommodate various industry needs. Get in touch with your SelectRight mentor today and get started on your application.