Why is the University of Pennsylvania considered one of the top universities in the USA?
Ratings may mislead, but they can’t be wrong all the time.
University of Pennsylvania Rankings: National Rankings
• QS US University Rankings, 2021: #10. th
• US News Rankings, 2022: #8 th
• THE US College Rankings, 2022: #12th.
• CWUR National Ranking, 2020-21: #6th
If you are planning to do your Master’s in the USA, you must have considered the University of Pennsylvania at least once.
In this article, we have highlighted what makes the University of Pennsylvania such a great place to study and how you can choose a university that is the best for you.
1. Enviable rankings from different boards
The first thing you might check while looking for a university to study abroad is the rankings. Rankings are numbers, hence quantifiable. This eases the process of deciding on a college.
The University of Pennsylvania is ranked well. Take a look
Rank (in 2022)
QS World University Rankings
US News and World Report
Academic Ranking of World Universities
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
2. Notable Alumni Who Have Changed The WorldThe University of Pennsylvania has fostered some of the brightest minds in the world. The level of achievements of the graduates of UPenn has put it into a class of its own. Here are some of the notable alumni and some of their contributions.
One of the widely recognized inventors of this century. He is known for Tesla, SpaceX, PayPal, The Boring Company, and more. He has a degree in economics from Wharton School and another one in physics from UPenn.
The Indian origin CEO of Google has quickly become a household name after his contributions to the valley. He, like Anil Ambani, has an MBA from the Wharton School, UPenn. Sundar became the CEO of Google in 2015, 11 years after he joined the company as the Head of Product Management.
3. Average Salaries Of GraduatesOne of the lucrative reasons for studying abroad is the higher earning potential for Indian students. Graduates from the University of Pennsylvania have an edge in that area as well. Here are the average salaries of graduates in some fields.
|Name of the Master’s degree||Average salary|
|Finance and Financial Management Services||$183,600|
|Management Sciences and Quantitative Methods||$181,500||Business Administration, Management and Operations||$165,700|
Of course, these are the average numbers, which means the highest salaries for these branches are even more. This is a very promising sign for students who take an education loan for studying abroad.
Is the University of Pennsylvania right for you?
Although the University of Pennsylvania could be a great choice for you, you still need to have multiple options. One of the many reasons is UPenn has an acceptance of 9%.
Having multiple options puts you in an advantageous position because you will be the one making the choice.
1. Get personalized college recommendationsAfter you create a profile, we will ask you a few questions that will help us understand you better. Things like your field of choice, how many years of work experience you have, etc. We have over 500 universities in our database that we analyze on 100+ parameters. With the information you have provided about yourself, we will be able to give you personalized college recommendations that are perfect for you. We will send personalized college recommendations directly to your inbox. We implement data analysis by comparing your profile with the existing ones in our database and send you the list of colleges that will be the best for your career.
2. Save time in your college hunting processCollege rankings and quality, budget, and academic records are some of the many things that you will have to keep in mind while hunting for a college to do Master’s. That often leads you to read blog articles, watch videos, scour through websites of different colleges and universities, and take part in forum discussions. SelectRight will send you college recommendations directly to your inbox. We have a simple five-step process for college hunting. Create your SELECT account and answer a few questions. We will take care of the rest for you.
3. Choose the right college
While looking for colleges, you will have to go through a ton of blog posts, videos, and forum discussions. Even with all of that investment, the chances you will land the right college are still low.
Your attention is limited. No matter how focused or organized your research methodology is, you cannot focus on all the parameters, let alone remember them.
Another reason is a lot of information there is doctored. The truth is every student and their needs are different. There is no one-size-fits-all. However, agencies and private colleges create sponsored content that might trick you into choosing the wrong college.
Our in-house experts will give unbiased advice to you.
We will only reveal the details that will help them recommend good colleges. The rest of your data will be private.
4. Ask all your doubts
While going abroad to study, you might have a lot of burning questions. Some of it might be related to your place of stay, others might be related to your college. More often than not, students don’t get actionable answers for either of those.
We have a Discord server, where we constantly answer all the questions of aspiring students.
We will connect you with alumni and students who have been in your shoes and they will answer all your questions.
5. Interact with your future alma mater
To give you an extra edge, we have gone the extra mile to deliver you the opportunity that not a lot of students get.
SelectRight hosts exclusive Q&A with universities worldwide.
Events like those will give you a direct opportunity to interact with your future institution. You might have some questions that even our experts and network of alumni may not answer to your satisfaction.You can use this chance to be an informed student.