Generation Google Scholarship For Indian Students 2023
Jane Austin was on point about women’s education!
Are you an aspiring woman who pursues building a career in the field of technology?
Here is an opportunity for you to cover your educational expenses, offered by the world’s largest tech firm, Google – Generation Google Scholarship!
Any technology student who completes the minimum qualifications can apply for the scholarship program.
In the next 10 minutes, you will cover the following:
- What is the Generation Google Scholarship?
- What expenses can be covered by the Generation Google Scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria for the Generation Google Scholarship?
- Who is eligible for the Generation Google Scholarship for Indian students?
- What are the required documents for the Generation Google Scholarship for Indian students?
- What is the application process for the Generation Google Scholarship?
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the Generation Google Scholarship?
With a mission for women’s empowerment through the field of education, Google has launched Generation Google Scholarship for women.
Suppose you wonder whether this scholarship is for everyone. No!
The tech giants open this unique opportunity for women who focus on computer science and are curious about pursuing their careers in this particular field.
The chosen students will get USD 1,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Generation Google Scholarship is classified into three categories based on the region:
Name of the scholarship
Generation Google Scholarship (APAC):
All Asia Pacific countries
Generation Google Scholarship (EMEA)
Europe, the Middle East or Africa.
Generation Google Scholarship (North America)
United States or Canada
Hence the Google scholarship for Indian students comes under the Generation Google Scholarship (APAC).
What expenses can be covered by the Generation Google Scholarship?
Kind of expense
Study travel expenses
What are the selection criteria for the Generation Google Scholarship?
The values that Generation Google Scholarship for Indian students uphold are diversity, equity and inclusion, thereby building a generation of tech leaders who create a healthy workspace for everyone.
The scholarship supports women who understand that diversity is less about what makes people separate and more about understanding, welcoming and appreciating those distinctions.
Therefore, this scholarship focuses on welcoming young ladies who believe in creating fair opportunities and access for people from different diasporas.
It will help create workplaces where all people feel they belong and are valued in the organisational environment.
The Generation Google Scholarship opportunity by Google allows students to collaborate with people from different socio-economic and political environments with diverse cultures and thoughts.
In addition, the students are assessed for the scholarship based on their academic performance and demonstrated leadership.
In this way, this program ensures that the best candidates get this technological developmental opportunity and can evolve to be an integral part of the Google community.
Who is eligible for the Generation Google Scholarship for Indian students?
The applicants must:
- Be currently registered for a Bachelor’s degree as a full-time student for the academic year 2021-2022.
- When finishing the scholarship program, be in your 2nd year of the educational program at an accredited university in an Asia Pacific country.
- Be doing a Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or a closely corresponding technical field.
- Be holding an excellent academic record.
- Display leadership and present a desire to improve underrepresented groups’ representation in computer science and technology.
What are the required documents for the Generation Google Scholarship for Indian students?
Before starting the application procedure, please have the documents below ready.
A PDF copy of CV/resume
Please mention leadership roles, extracurricular activities, and DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion) endeavours on your resume, if applicable.
A PDF copy of the most recent or current academic transcript.
Unofficial will be accepted.
A PDF copy of the two short answer essays.
Questions are given below. Both short answer essay questions will be used to assess your perspective and dedication to (DEI) diversity, equity, inclusion, and financial requirements.
What is the application process for the Generation Google Scholarship for Indian students?
- Detail the general background information, such as contact details and points about your intended and current universities.
- Resume/CV spotlighting the community engagements and the projects you were involved in, especially technical ones.
- Submit the educational transcripts from your present institutions (and earlier, if applicable).
- Submit answers to the two short essay questions mentioned below. Each answer must be written in 400 words or less using English.
- What is a significant challenge that you believe women in the tech industry face, and how do you see yourself being part of the solution(s) to this challenge? Keep in mind that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- What impact would this scholarship have on your education? Describe any circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship and what educational goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
- Fifteen minutes of “meet and greet” sessions for every shortlisted candidate.
- Google Online Challenge (the candidate will receive the challenge in 5-7 working days post the application deadline).
Note: Google Online Challenge only acts as an added data point while checking your application holistically.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
1. Who is not eligible for the Generation Google Scholarship?
- Employees from Google will not be considered for Google scholarships.
- Residents who are in the embargoed list countries.
- Ordinarily residents who are in the embargoed list countries.
- Individuals who are restricted by relevant export authorities and sanctions programs.
2. Can part-time students apply for the Google scholarship for Indian students?
No, only students who are enrolled as full-time students for the academic year 2022-2023 will be considered for the scholarship.
3. When are the enrollments for the scholarship verified?
The verification for scholarship enrollment happens after the winners are chosen. All scholarship amounts will be given directly to students to use as their tuition fees and for education-related costs.
4. What happens if the selected candidates fail to meet or maintain the eligibility criteria?
The scholarship will be withheld if the selected candidate no longer meets the eligibility criteria. But if the authority finds that the student fails to meet the criteria after their verification procedures, the award will be withdrawn.
FundRight, your best mentor.
FundRight connects you with current students, alumni, peers, and industry experts who can guide you with different aspects of your scholarship application.
For example, they will help you with an assessment of your application, Statement of Purpose (SOP), or anything else you require.
5. Can I receive the award after the original date?
The award recipients will get instructions on how to receive the award from Google. Failure to meet the instructions within the specified deadline will make the candidate disqualified.
But the award recipients can defer acquiring their award for up to one year from the time of the original payment date on a case-by-case basis, as specified by Google.