India To Canada Direct Flights Have Resumed
Direct flights from India to Canada have resumed after almost 5 months. Canada first announced its ban on direct flights from India in April 2021 during the second wave of Covid-19. After multiple postponements, the latest being in August 2021, direct flights from India are officially back in business!
Air Canada, the flag carrier and the largest airline of Canada, has restarted nonstop flights from India to Toronto with the Delhi Airport being the first port of call for them effective September 21, 2021, onwards with a new Covid testing protocol.
Air Canada’s Covid Test Requirements For Flights From India
As per Air Canada’s website, these are the new requirements from all the passengers travelling to Canada:
- WHO-approved vaccinated passengers must undergo an RT-PCR or a rapid PCR test within 18 hours of boarding their flights from the Covid-19 Testing Centre and Lounge at Delhi Airport’s Terminal 3.
- The requirement of a negative RT-PCR report from a third country (transit country) has been dropped.
In addition to the new requirements, the following conditions still remain:
- All travellers must be double vaccinated.
- Only the following vaccines are recognised by Canada:
- All documents must be uploaded before departure on https://www.arrivecan-online.com
With the ban on direct flights from India to Canada lifted, it comes as a sigh of relief (albeit new stringent testing requirements) as it now doesn’t require travellers to opt for indirect flight routes.
Flight tickets’ prices can be very expensive and to help students get a cheaper rate, we have additional services called GradOns.
This includes services like student accommodations, flight tickets at cheaper rates, US bank accounts, Canada GIC Account, Forex services, debit cards and credit cards.
Click on GradOns below to get started.