University of Miami: Miami Herbert Business School ranking – acceptance rate, courses, history
Miami Herbert Business School – a part of the University of Miami – is home to 2,300 undergraduate and 900 postgraduate students. The institution opens for admission twice a year; for Spring and Fall semesters.
The Miami Herbert Business School offers 13 types of MBA degrees and 14 Majors.
The purpose of this article is to offer an idea about whether you should get into the Miami Herbert Business school and whether you can get into the institution.
In the next seven minutes, the article will discuss:
- Miami Herbert Business school, University of Miami ranking
- 4 reasons you should apply to the Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami
- Eligibility criteria
- Required documents
- Offered courses
- Cost of living in Miami
- 5 notable alumni of the Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami
Herbert Miami Business School, University of Miami Ranking
Undergraduate courses: November 1 (Early Action), January 1 (Regular Decision)
Postgraduate courses: January 15 (Fall), March 1 (Spring)
Herbert Miami Business School, University of Miami Acceptance rate
Cost of studying and living
Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami – a complete guide
Check out the rankings of Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami in the table below:
67 (in Business Schools)
182 (in Part-time MBA)
QS World University Ranking
Times Higher Education
Top 4 reasons to apply to Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami
Top agencies like The Economist, U.S. News, and the QS World University Rankings offer the Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami high rankings:
- The Economist ranked the institution in 8th place for its full-time MBA program in 2021.
- Poets and Quants ranked the institution 36th in the U.S. and 1st in Florida for undergraduate courses in 2021.
- The QS World University Business Ranking ranked the institution 33rd for Masters in Business Analytics program in 2022.
The rankings prove the authenticity and quality of education the institution offers. Thus, it’s no wonder the Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami’s acceptance rate is only 32%.
2.Experiencing thought leadership
The Miami Herbert Business School generates thought leadership through its over 150 faculty. The faculty strengthens the student’s ability to meet the challenges that come up and drives business innovation.
The faculty has released videos that serve as a resource to analyse the short-term and long-term effects of Covid-19 on the business world, healthcare systems, and leadership.
The institution publishes the Miami Herbert Review that talks about various topics in business and shares the leading-edge research published in working papers, industry and academic publications.
The institution hosts two cycles of on-campus placement drives – one from January to May and another from September to December.
Check out the placement opportunities the institution offers:
- 84% of the graduates receive placement within 3 months of completing their studies.
- The top industries that recruit Herbert Business School graduates are the real estate sector, the healthcare sector, and the finance sector.
- The average salary MBA graduates receive is $86,000 with the highest salary being $130,000.
Nothing beats first-hand advice. Hear from Dr. Doug Lehmann, Director MS in Business Analytics, Miami Herbert Business School (in conversation with Anand, from GradRight).
The college boasts of over 45,000 alumni from more than 130 countries across the globe.
Furthermore, the alumni have formed the global UM Alumni Association (UMAA). Here’s how the alumni network helps the current students:
- The UMAA helps the students with tools, contacts, and activities to help them reach the career success they want.
- The UMAA website shares resources to help graduates who are searching for a job or looking to switch careers.
- The UMAA offers networking assistance and helps graduates looking for new ideas and talent for their workplace.
Find the eligibility criteria you must fulfil to get admission to the Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami courses below:
- A school report completed by a guidance counsellor for undergraduate courses.
- A 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited institution that’s equivalent to the U.S. bachelor’s and GPA equivalency.
- GPA requirements if applicable for the chosen program.
- A minimum IELTS score of 7.0 or a minimum TOEFL score of 94.
- GMAT or GRE test scores (applicable for specific programs).
- Foreign transcripts with WES translation and evaluation.
Check out the documents you need to submit to apply for Herber Miami Business School, University of Miami courses:
- A completed online application form via BusinessCAS
- High school transcripts (for undergraduate applicants)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate from a recognized university (for Postgraduate and MBA programs)
- IELTS or TOEFL test scorecards
- 2 letters of recommendation
- SAT or GMAT or ACT score cards
- Required essays within BusinessCAS
- Foreign transcripts with WES evaluation and translation
- Official academic transcripts from all academic institutions attended
- A professional resume
- Personal statement
- Financial Aid documents (if applicable)
- An international financial certification form
- Character certificate
Check out the 14 Herbert Miami Business School, University of Miami courses you can apply to below:
- One-year MBA
- Two-year MBA
- Accelerated MBA in Real Estate
- Professional MBA
- Executive MBA
- Miami Global Executive MBA
- Executive MBA for Artists and Athletes
- One MBA Global EMBA
- Executive MBA in Health Sector Management & Policy
- Professional MBA (Online)
- MBA / BArch (Bachelor of Architecture)
- JD / MBA / LLM
- MBA / MD
- MBA / JD
Cost of studying and living
Check out the tuition fee, living costs, and other expenses you need to pay to study at the Herbert Miami Business School, University of Miami courses below:
- Tuition fee for a two-year MD or MBA program: $94,864
- Fees for all the semesters for two-year MD or MBA program: $1,236
- Tuition fee for a four-year MD or MBA program: $129,360
- Fees for all the semesters for four-year MD or MBA program: $2,472
- Enrollment fee: $2,200
- Books and study material: up to $2,000 a year
- Accommodation: up to $13,200 a year
- Food: up to $7,200 a year
- Travel: up to $700 a year
- Electricity: up to $1,800 a year
- Health insurance: up to $1,100 a year
- Water, trash, and sewer: up to $900 a year
5 notable alumni
The institution boasts of more than 45,000 alumni. Check out 5 notable of them below:
- Jack Creighton (Former CEO of United Airlines)
- Joseph J. Echevarria Jr. (Former CEO of Deloitte)
- Raul Alvarez (Former President of McDonald’s)
- Juan Carlos Escotet (Spanish-Venezuelan billionaire banker who is the founder of Banesco, Venezuela’s largest private financial institution)
- Rohan Marley (Son of the late reggae musician Bob Marley and co-founder of the Jamaica-based Jammin Java)
Miami Herbert Business School, University of Miami – one of the best B-schools in the U.S.
Financial Times has ranked the Miami Herbert Business School in 49th place for full-time MBA programs in the U.S. in 2020.
Thus, it’s no wonder the Miami Herbert Business School is a coveted institution for students from across the globe.
However, how to know you can get in? SelectRight can help:
- SelectRight predicts your chances to get into a college/university based on your past academic records, scores, current competition, and fundability of the course.
- Expert advisors guide you through each step of the application process such as Letter of Recommendation review and SOP review.
- You receive relevant and actionable tips from current students and alumni of your chosen college/university.
Want to know more? Email us at email@example.com.