University of Texas, Dallas: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Fees
One of the top-valued public universities
29,000+ students across 8 schools
A staggering list of over 132,000 alumni
International students from over 100 countries
146 academic programs
High ranking majors in Management, STEM, Social Sciences, and Liberal Arts
400+ campus organizations and over 26 sorority chapters
19th best college for LGBTQ+ students in the country
And this isn’t all that the University of Texas Dallas has to offer. But these definitely are some of the factors why your internet search brought you to us.
Who doesn’t want to see themselves graduating from the top universities in the USA, right?
But finalizing one school isn’t a task to be taken lightly. So, to help you with your UTD admission journey, we have prepared this article.
By the end of this page, you will have known –
● UTD at a Glance
● UTD Rankings (Latest)
● UTD Programs
● UTD Admission Requirements for International Students
● Documents Required for UTD Application
● Fees at UTD
● Campus Life for International Students at UTD
Let’s get started!
The University of Texas Dallas At A Glance
|Year of Establishment||1969|
|Recognition/ Accreditation/ Certification||STARS Gold Ranking – Bronze Recognition; Tree Campus USA and Bee Campus USA Certifications; NCAA Division III|
|Student to Faculty Ratio||24 to 1|
|Campus Size (in acres)||~ 500|
|No. of International Students||5,000+ from more than 100 countries|
|Average Acceptance Rate (for bachelor’s)||79%|
|No. of Students Enrolling Every Year (Approx.)||29,698|
|No. of Schools||8|
|Total Academic Programs||146 (Bachelor’s = 56 Master’s = 59 Ph.D. = 30 Professional Doctorate = 1)|
|Best Programs||Management, STEM, Social Sciences, and Liberal Arts|
|Tuition Fee/ Cost||For In-state Students = $14,564 For Out-of-state Students = $39,776|
|Average Living Expenses||$20,400|
|Gender Distribution||Male Students = 56% Female Students = 44%|
|Accepting Applications||Fall, Spring, Summer|
University of Texas Dallas Rankings (Latest)
BestColleges and Campus Pride
LGBTQ+ Students Nationwide
ARWU Shanghai Rankings
World University Rankings
Top Public Schools
University of Texas Dallas Programs
As mentioned, the University of Texas Dallas offers 146 academic courses.
Some of them are degree programs offered at UG and PG levels, whereas, some of them are certificate courses.
Here’s a list of the popular majors that the University of Texas Dallas offers
● Finance, General
● Commerce/ Business, General
● Computer, and Information Sciences, General
● Biological/ Biology Sciences, General
● Information Technology
● Psychology, General
● Mechanical Engineering
● Game, and Interactive Media Design
All of these programs fall under the administration of 8 different schools including
● Naveen Jindal School of Management
● School of Arts and Humanities
● School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
● School of Behavioral and Brain Sciences
● School of Arts, Technology, and Emerging Communication
● School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences
● School of Interdisciplinary Studies
● Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science
The University of Texas Dallas Admission Requirements
The eligibility criteria that you need to meet for admissions at the University of Texas Dallas would vary based on your program.
NOTE: For precise information on your program, please refer to the official admissions portal of UTD.
But before checking out the precise requirements, here are some criteria that every international student has to meet to get into one of the top universities in the USA.
Educational Qualification Required for The University of Texas Dallas
For Bachelor’s Degree Programs
- You must have attended or graduated or will graduate from a US high school after studying there for three or more years.
- You must have completed an AA (Academic Associates), AS, or an AGS degree from a Texas college; obtained a B or higher after completing the equivalent of classes ENGL 1302 and ENGL 1301.
- You must have completed at least 42 transferable credit hours or more from a US institution and achieved a GPA of 2.5 or better.
For Master’s Degree Programs
- You must have earned a bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to a US four-year graduate program.
- The degree must have been earned after completing 12th grade or equivalent from a nationally-recognized board of education.
- If you are holding a three-year bachelor’s degree, you will only be considered after doing a holistic review.
- The expected average overall grade point, based on a 4.0 scale, is 3.0 or higher.
English Language Proficiency Test for The University of Texas Dallas
For all the international students who belong to a non-native English-speaking country, meeting the English language proficiency requirements is a must.
The University of Texas Dallas accepts TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, ELS, and Duolingo scores for the same. As long as you meet the minimum score requirements in any of these tests, you are good to go.
Check out the minimum scores that you must achieve in these different tests.
NOTE: For official consideration, it is important that you took the exam within two years from the intended admission date.
English Language Tests
Pass Level = 112
TOEFL iBT (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (Internet-based Test)
TOEFL PBT (Paper-Based Test)
Want to understand the language tests better? Check out the comprehensive guide to English language proficiency tests.
Subject Test Requirements for The University of Texas Dallas
With an acceptance rate of 79%, the applicants for UTD have an average SAT score ranging from 1220 to 1450.
As for ACT scores, it ranges from 26 to 33.
Documents Required for International Students at UTD
Before we get into the details, some important information for you –
- You will have to upload your academic documents as a PDF, the details for which, are specified here.
- If your documents are not already in English, you will have to provide the official English translation of the documents.
- Now, let’s find out which documents will you be required for the application.
- Official, attested, and certified photocopies of your all high school/ university transcripts.
- The transcript must clarify – the completed subjects, grades, and the date of course taken.
- Photocopies of your course syllabi or description
- Valid English language and subject test scores
- Proof of funds, etc.
Fees/ Cost of Study at The University of Texas Dallas
- Out-of-State Tuition Fee = $ 38,168
- Additional Foreign Credential Evaluation Fee = $50
- On-campus Room and Boarding = $ 11,532
- Average Living Expenses ~ $ 20,400
- Comparing the national average cost with the University of Texas’ out-of-state tuition fees reveals that the university is actually more expensive. Where the university fee stands at $ 38,168, the national average stands at $ 27,028.
Want to know your precise tuition fee? Check out this Estimated Cost Calculator!
Now let’s talk about the ROI and find out whether or not it is worth the financial investment.
- Avg Annual Salary After 10 Years of Graduation = $ 51,300
- As per the TICAS 2020-21 Report, compared to 48% of graduating students in Texas and 32% in the country, 66% of students from the University of Texas Dallas have no student debt.
- As claimed by the university itself, Forbes ranked UTD #1 in the “Best Value Public University in Texas” category.
- It also says that more than 65% of UG students receive merit- or need-based financial aid for their tuition fees.
- You can also check out the year-wise industry income and scores of the University of Texas Dallas by THE World University Rankings.
- The X-axis represents the years
- The Y-axis represents the scores assigned by THE based on UTD’s performance
Campus Life for International Students at UTD
- A student satisfaction rate of 89%;
- International student percentage of 20%;
- Students coming from 100+ countries;
- 300 registered student organizations;
- On-campus housing with dedicated student spaces for recreational activities.
Not only this but the University of Texas Dallas also organizes events like International Week (iWeek), iFriend program, etc for a healthy cultural exchange.
The suburban setting and hundreds of programs at this public university have so much to offer its international students.
What made you interested in UTD? Do you want to explore more options? Well, then we are here to help you select the right university. Explore hundreds of options based on personalized recommendations on a hassle-free platform. Know More.
To connect with our expert advisors, write to us at email@example.com.