Why MS in Computer Science from Georgia State University is a great choice for Indian students?
In a world that is experiencing rapid digitalization, doing an MS in computer science will do wonders for your career.
Jobs in fields of data science, software development, automation, machine learning, and more offer lucrative salaries and promising career opportunities.
In this article, we have highlighted why MS in computer science from Georgia State University is a great choice for Indian students.
Notable Alumni in Different Fields
The graduates from Georgia State University have proceeded to achieve excellence in multiple fields. Here are some of them.
- Jody Powell: With a Bachelor’s degree from Georgia State University, Powell went ahead to become a political advisor who also served as the White House Press secretary during the presidency of Jimmy Carter.
- Ken Lewis: He is the former CEO, chairman, and president of the Bank of America. He is an alum of Georgia State University with a degree in finance.
- Katrina Cole: Former COO of Focus Brands and president of Cinnabons, Cole received her MBA in 2010 from Georgia State University. She also served as the executive vice president at Hooters.
- Ludacris: The multiple Grammy winner holds a degree in music management from Georgia State University. Apart from Ludacris, artists like Julia Roberts, Tamyra Gray, and Ray Stevens also hold degrees from Georgia State University.
The diversity in the achievements of the alumni from this university suggests how much opportunity this university provides in every field of study.
Commendable Ranking on Multiple Boards
Georgia State University ranks #2 on the most innovative schools list. With the best laboratories and professors, it continues to produce some of the best research in the world.
In 2020, MS in computer science was ranked #57 in all of the US.
As far as the overall rankings of national universities are concerned, Georgia State University ranks #239.
Average Salaries of Graduates
Studying abroad is synonymous with taking an education loan for most Indian students. Therefore, before choosing a college/university or a field of study, it is crucial to calculate the ROI.
According to Payscale, the average salary for software engineers is more than $78k per year, which is higher than the national average of $63k.
Even though the average salary is $68k when all fields of study are concerned, the upper limit for software engineers and data analysts is $115k and $81k.
How to choose the best university to do your MS?
Georgia State University is a great place for you to do your MS. It is the second most innovative university in the US. It will give you an opportunity to conduct research in various fields of computer science and a chance to interact with some of the brightest minds in the world.
However, as an applicant, you know better than to put all your eggs in one basket. It is crucial to keep your options open by applying to multiple colleges and universities. That way, you will have multiple options to choose from and can choose the one right for you.
The best part is, that finding the right university is easy as A-B-C with SelectRight.
1. Find the college that is right for youHunting for the right college involves researching for hours. With SelectRight, we have reduced it to a few minutes. All you need to do is answer a few questions that will help us understand what you are looking for. Questions like what field of study you are interested in or whether you have any work experience, etc. These questions will help us send the right list of colleges for you. How do we do it? We collect data on 100+ parameters for each college in our database. Presently, our records contain 500 universities and are adding more regularly. After receiving your profile, we send you a personalized list of colleges or universities that will be right for your future. SelectRight sends college recommendations to your inbox within a few minutes. By implementing data analysis, we ensure that you get the best choices to select from.
2. Save you time and moneyCollege rankings and quality, budget, and academic records are some of the many things that you will have to keep in mind while hunting for a college to do Masters. That often leads you to read blog articles, watch videos, scour through websites of different colleges and universities, and take part in forum discussions. Here are some of the things that you might do while looking for the right college/university for studying in the US. 1.Watch videos on YouTube: This will take many hours. You will have to watch multiple videos on one college. Furthermore, you won’t know if the videos are authentic or sponsored by the universities.
- Read blog posts: The majority of blog posts are copies of others written in a different way. You will only get generic advice which will be the same for all the colleges you will read about.
- Ask your friends: They will tell you to “Google it” which will have the same outcome as the above two points. If they are studying or studied in the US, then they might give you some insight but that will be limited to one college.
3. Get unbiased adviceOur in-house experts will give unbiased advice to you. Education consultancies are known for tricking aspiring students by giving them advice that is not ideal for their careers. The primary reason is, that it is their business model. They are sponsored by universities to increase the application forms they receive. At SelectRight, we do things differently. First, the recommendations that you will receive will be automated and will be based on data. We believe in empowering our students by helping them make the best career choice. Second, when our in-house experts examine your profile, we hide all the information that could cause them to give you biased guidance.
4. Ask all your doubtsStudying in the US also means living there. A lot of aspiring Indian students who want to study abroad have little experience of living in a foreign country. You must have a lot of questions that you need to be answered before you land in the city of your university. On our Discord server, you can ask all your questions related to studying abroad. There you can directly interact with alumni and students who have been in your shoes. You will have direct access to all of them when you accept that invite. If they can’t answer your questions to your satisfaction, our experts will help you out.
5. We host events with collegesAfter you select the college which is right for you, you will still have a few questions about the campus life, extracurricular opportunities, etc. SelectRight hosts exclusive events with universities worldwide. Events like those will give you a direct opportunity to interact with your future institution. You might have some questions that even our experts and network of alumni may not answer to your satisfaction. Through these Q&A events, you will have a chance to interact with your future university. Attending these events will give you an edge that most students won’t have.
Sign up on SelectRight today
Answer a few questions and get personalized university recommendations in your inbox.
You will do your Master’s once, so do it right.